USA Embassy Medical Appointment in Bogotá
All applicants regardless of age must undergo a general physical examination prior to the scheduled interview. This test must be done before you come to your appointment at the embassy. Medical examinations are valid for a maximum of six months. Applicants must wait for their medical examination appointment until the visa interview is scheduled. Make an appointment. Make an appointment for a health checkup. Please note that you may attend with an escort if unavoidable.
Laboratory testing. Applicants age 15 and older must undergo a physical examination in addition to blood and lung X-rays. All applicants must present their passport and photograph at the examination and treatment room. Check with the office to see if they can process you with a copy of your passport (sometimes only).
Laboratory or clinical tests not included in this list will not be accepted. All applicants must come to Bogotá to undergo a medical examination. There are no authorized medical staff or laboratories outside Bogotá.
Dr. Rodolfo José Dennis
Cra.13B No. 161-85 Tower I Floor 9
Offices 914-915 Bogotá
Tel: 805-0091; 3182663175, 6672727, ext. 79915, 79950, 79951 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jairo H. Roa
La Sabana Medical Center
Cra. 7 No. 119-14, Cons # 325 Bogotá
Phones: 2151763; 6192044; 6192055; 2152970 From the US: 1-800-606-8339
Dr. Juan Piñeros
Sabana Medical Center
Cra. 7 No. 119-14, Cons # 326 Bogotá
Phones: 6121224 E-mail: email@example.com
(Will ONLY serve minors)
Related Topics of Interest for You:
As of October 1, 2021, the exams will have a MAXIMUM cost of $1,800,000 COP (price subject to change) per person. As indicated below, some minors must have a tuberculin test at an additional cost.
• $355,000 (pesos) for the general physical examination
• $262,500 (pesos) for X-ray exams
• $52,500 (pesos) for blood tests (Serology)
• $682,500 (pesos) for the Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) test for minors between 2 and 14 years of age. These values may change according to laboratory rates.
• $420,000 (pesos) for the Gonorrhea test for people 15 years and older. These values may change according to laboratory rates.
• There may be additional costs required for vaccinations.
Medical and laboratory test fees must be paid by the applicant in cash. Checks are not accepted. Any additional tests ordered by the doctor must be paid for by the applicant. You can get the results from the doctor. On the day of your interview please bring the results of your medical examination to the embassy in a sealed envelope.
During your physical examination you should provide the doctor with all relevant information about your medical history.
• If you take medicines you should know their names and ingredients.
• Please bring your medical history to this specialist or medical institution if you have had a previous major surgery or traumatic physical illness or suffer from any illness or mental illness.
• Please bring a copy of your medical history if you have been treated for any of the above reasons. Failure to provide this information at the time of medical examination will result in delay in your visa process.
The North American Centers for Disease Control (CDC) requires all immigrant visa applicants to be tested for tuberculosis (IGRA). Due to the increasing rates of tuberculosis infection in the United States the US government now requires all applicants to undergo rigorous testing and treatment before immigrating to the United States. 2 and 14 years of age. Based on the results it will be determined whether a chest X-ray is also required for minors. Families with minors need an additional 4 days to determine if the child also needs a chest X-ray. If the TB test is positive the applicant may need to undergo treatment to obtain a visa.
• All applicants over the age of 15 must undergo a chest X-ray before completing a medical examination. This includes pregnant women who may choose to have a dual-lead chest X-ray of the abdomen during pregnancy or after childbirth.
• If the TB test is positive the applicant may need treatment before being eligible for a visa.
Colombian Consulates in The United States
Click the name of the Colombian consulate closest to you to get permission for the next flight. If you have problems communicating with the consulate and you would like help please let us know. We charge a small fee for assisting with documents and forms in Spanish.
Visas By James
Since 2005, our visa agency Visas by James has obtained hundreds of visas for foreigners who wish to study, work, invest, and live in Colombia. We are the oldest expat visa business in Colombia. We also have more attorneys in office than any other visa agency in Colombia. In addition to our visa services we offer a full range of legal and accounting services to our clients. By having a legal and accounting firm work on your application, we are able to handle any surprises or last minute requests by immigration officials.
James Lindzey the owner of Visas by James has worked as a private investigator and paralegal in the United States from the 90s until he moved to Colombia in 2005. James arrived in Colombia in 2005 and started doing visas for expats in 2007.
In addition to our visa services our agency offers a full range of legal and accounting services to our clients. We are able to assist better in document collection services in the United States because of James legal experience in the United States.
Many visas require obtaining complicated documents in the United States or Canada. Just another reason why you should choose our firm.
Please let us know if you need more information, or we can set up a consultation in order to provided you personalized guide.
Our main office is located in Medellin, Colombia near Parque Lleras in El Poblado. We have representation in Bogota, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale. Our main office address is Cra 39#5A-95, Oficina 709, Edificio Avangarde. We accept walk in appointments but its always nice if you can let us know ahead of time so we can schedule a time. Areas codes in Colombia have changed. To reach our office please call (57) 604-444-6634.