What will you need to do and have in order for your foreign fiancé(e) to apply for the K-1 Visa? Take a look:

Before You Apply for the K-1 Visa

1. Visit your fiancé(e)
2. Get to know your fiancé(e)
3. Take pictures together, especially those that can be placed in time
4. Meet your fiancé(e)'s family
5. Learn some of your fiancé(e)'s language
6. Keep your boarding passes and travel itineraries<
7. Keep receipts that show you've been in your fiancé(e)'s country
8. Begin collecting the documents you'll need for the K-1 Visa application

During the K-1 Visa Application Process

(US-citizen fiancé(e))

1. Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (Form I-129F), plus $340 fee
2. Biographic Information Form (Form G-325A) for background check e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (Form G-1145), to receive an email notice that your petition has been accepted
3. Proof of your US citizenship
4. Proof of having met your fiancé(e) in person within the last two years
5. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134)
6. Documents proving your ability to provide financially for you and your foreign fiancé(e) (these could include tax transcripts, pay stubs, employments letters, or proof of assets or retirement funds)
7. Passport photos
8. Cover letter and your statement of intent to marry
9. Death certificates or divorce certificates for any previous marriage
10. Police and court records, if applicable

During the K-1 Visa Application Process

(Foreign fiancé(e))

• Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160)
• Birth certificate
• Death or divorce certificates for any previous marriage
• Passport valid for at least six months
• 2 passport-sized photos (2x2 inches)
• Police certificate from country of residence (and any country where you lived for 6+ months)
• Medical exam and immunization records
• Visa interview
• $265 fee to the embassy

After K-1 Visa Approval

• Arrange travel to the US within six months
• Get married within 90 days
• File for Adjustment of Status to become a permanent resident of the US Work, start a business, travel in and out of the country at will, and enjoy your life as a green card holder in the US

As of June 26, 2015, gay marriage rights are protected in the United States, along with gay immigration rights. The K-1 Visa process and the materials required are exactly the same for same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples. No matter which state you plan to live in after your fiancé(e) arrives in the US, you will be able to get married, and you will have the same rights afforded to heterosexual couples, including making decisions on your sick spouse's behalf, sharing rights and responsibilities regarding your children, receiving your spouse's employee benefits and health insurance as available, and inheriting your spouse's assets. It's a great time to invite your fiancé(e) to the US, especially if gay marriage is not legal in his country of origin.

You focus on planning the wedding and the life you'll share with your future spouse when she arrives in the US. Let us focus on getting your application perfectly prepared to ensure your fiancé(e)'s best chance of being approved for the K-1 Visa.

Popular Fiance Marriage Visa Articles:

• Fiance Visa P

• US Embassy in Bogota

• Same sex Fiance Visa Process


free consultation visas



we accept payments via

pago Bancolombia